Saturday 29 March 2014

A Hat-trick...


In the morning of 27th March, Thursday, I woke up around 7 and was hoping to see the decision from any university as I was informed via mail by few university that the decisions on application would be released by the end of march. So, having in mind that the end of march is near, I opened my mail and found out that I woke just to see my first reject. Although this reject, from University of Washington-Seattle(UW), was just the confirmation as I was told on 14th February that all the admits have been sent out and the rejects will be sent by mid-April.

But the main hitting came in the afternoon. I was eating lunch and checked mail before it because of this habit of me checking mail after every 15-20 minutes. The newest mail was from University of California, Los Angeles(UCLA) graduate studies department. It said that decision on my application has been made and I can see it by going to the link mentioned in the mail. I opened the portal and the words "Show Decision Letter" were there to take me to another link which came as a shock with my 2nd reject. In my mind somewhere, while jumping from one link to other then again to final one, I was convinced that UCLA graduate studies will offer my an admission, all in vain though. I was dishearten for the rest day and at the end of the day I made my mind believe that it was indeed an ambitious university.

The very next day in the morning, after I woke up, in the bed itself I opened my mail to check any new mails. And there it was, a mail from University of California, San Diego(UCSD). I didn't opened it for about half an hour and continuously told to myself that it has to be my first admit. But that also ended in disappointments with the third REJECT in a row.....a hat-trick...

Now lets wait and watch what the next University has in it for me...it better be a admit.

Bye, and I will come back soon with my first admit. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment