Saturday 31 October 2015

Be Happy


Once an unhappy man was about to commit suicide. At the last moment, a stranger, who looked like a saint, stopped him and asked, "What are you going to do?" The man replied, "I am too poor to eat. I have nothing in this world I prefer death over poverty."

The saint told him that if he really wanted to die then he could help him(the saint). The saint said, "I need a pair of eyes. If you donate your eyes to me, I'll give you 10 million bucks."

"I'm not a fool."retorted the man. The saint tried to convince him again. "What would you do with your eyes after death, give them to me. You need the money," said the saint.

When the man didn't agree, he said, "Alright, give me your ears and lungs and I'll give you 20 million bucks." 

The man refused the offer and so it went on. Angered, the man asked, "Do you think I am a fool who would give you my priceless body parts for money?"

The saint smiled and replied, "If you have such a priceless body, how can you claim to have nothing in the world?" The man had no words, and finally understood the difference between being rich and poor.

We always complain to god for what we don't have, and never appreciate what he gives us. He never seeks interest or rent for his blessings.

We never have to pay for his gifts, but even then we are often sad for the want of small things. This is the reason human beings suffer all their lives. Those who believe in god and thank him for whatever little he gives to them are the ones who always stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment