Tuesday 16 December 2014

Don't Freak, I'm SIKH


Don't freak, I'm SIKH

So the next time you see a Turbaned man walking the streets, remember that he is a man of love, equality and peace. We are taught to love and protect people from all religions and races, that's why singhs are given these unique faces.

See my turban is a crown, a uniform and  a symbol against oppression. 83000 sikhs died fighting in the world wars- something they don't teach you in history lessons. 

In fact sikhs by far are the community with lowest number of people in prison. We are not criminals or terrorists. We are law abiding citizens. 

58000 gurudwaras produce 6 million meals a day. Our responsibility is to serve humanity in every way. 

It's in our blood to live as a democracy. It's in our blood to fight against tyranny. Our guru gave his life so everyone could practice their faith with freedom. 

So the next time you see a Sikh, you know the turban's true meaning.

My turban reminds me to be a good person.

So let me repeat my opening statement- Don't freak, I'm SIKH

No comments:

Post a Comment